Coolants and Lubricants (Filtration & Application)
AMCOL Corporation has become a recognized global leader in Metalworking Fluid Systems used in the manufacturing and fabrication of metal profiles such as aluminum extrusions, cold roll formed parts, and welded steel tubes. AMCOL’s highly specialized and performance driven products have now also found applications in general machining and the fabrication of a variety of metals.
Click drop down arrow for more details.
Aluminum Extrusion Press Tool Lubrication
Model 3063A Billet and Dummy Block Spray System
Includes Reservoir, Controls, Rotating Spray Head, and Mounting
46 ILX EJECTEZE
Water Dilutable Organic Release Agent
- For use on direct and indirect aluminum extrusion.
Superior Release and Lubrication Properties
Helps to eliminate sticking and metal build-up.
Designed for Automatic Spray Equipment
- Extremely quick application, will not affect dead cycle time.
Improves Profile Quality
- With reduced blistering and inclusion.
- With a rotating spray head to apply a light, even coating to billet and block.
Model 3049B Lubrication System for Hot Shearing Aluminum
BL 463 2S EJECTIZE
Water Dilutable Organic Lubricant
- For hot log and butt discard shear.
Coats Tools Completely with Capillary Action of Lubricant
- To reduce metal buildup and sticking
Improves Operation Cleanliness Leaving a Light Residue
- Mixes easily with water to form a stable solution
Best Applied with the AMCOL 3049 Spray System
- Prevents downtime and improves process visibility.
Model 3500 Automatic Powder Dispensing System
Includes Hopper, Controls, Spray Gun, and Dust Collection Software
410 BNP EJECTIZE
Boron Nitride Based Powder
- Provides superior lubrication and release.
- Eliminates manual lubrication.
- Does not contain any combustable or burnable constituents.
- For reliable and repeatable dispensing.
Tube Mill and Roll Forming Coolants and Filtration
Synthetic Coolants for Welded Tube and Cold Roll Forming
Water-Miscible, Oil Rejecting, Mill Coolants and Lubricants
2200 CHARCOOL Series
Water-Miscible, Synthetic Coolant Concentrates
- Used to cool, lubricate, and prevent corrosion on parts and machines.
- Typically flooded over tooling to help wash scale and other contaminants.
- Excellent tramp oil rejection and filterable to 5 micron.
- Outstanding results with carbon steels, coated steels (galvanized, aluminized, stainless, high strength low alloy (HSLA) and others).
- Recommended by industry experts and users alike.
Mill Coolant Purification Systems
3076 Coolant Purification System
Designed to Maximize the Benefits of Today's Modern Coolants
- To achieve long sump life.
- Ensures 100% filtration.
- Includes media filtration and oil skimming.
- For improved product quality and finish.
- Systems include deep bed media filter, reservoir, pump, in-line bag filter, and oil skimmer with decanting vessel.
Precision Applied Lubrication (MQL)
Precision Lubricants and Application Systems
6000 Series Precision Applied Minimum Quantity Lubrication
Injection Metering Systems with Air, Assist at the Tip
Positive Displacement Injection Metering
- Capable of consistently metering 1 gallon per 200,000 injection cycles.
Multiple Configurations and Recommended Packages
- To replace conventional flood, airless spray, siphon mist, and pressurized air over liquid mist.
A Near Dry Working Environment
- For reduced chemical exposure and handling with dry parts, chips, and machine.
Used in the Production and Fabrication of Metal
- Primary applications include sawing, cutting, bending, roll-forming, machining, and stamping.
CANMIST Precision Applied High-Performance Lubricants
Adheres to the Blade and Holds Up to Heat, Providing Maximum Tool Life
High Performance Concentrates
- Synonymous with exceptional tool life.
Maximizes Tool Life
- Unique blends of extreme pressure anti-wear additives in heat stable synthetic base oils.
Extracts Heat With Minimal Smoke
- Formulated with the best available additives.
Little or No Residue
- Designed to be consumed within the cut.
Specialized Products for a Variety of Applications
- Each is designed to be compatible with heat treatment, cleaning, welding, painting, and other processing methods.
CNC Coolants & Reclamation Systems
Synthetic Coolant for CNC Machining
Water Miscible, Oil Rejecting, Multi-metal Compatible
2200 LX CHARCOOL
Multi-Purpose Coolant Concentrate
- Used to cool, lubricate, and prevent corrosion in the machining, forming, and fabrication of metals.
Multi-Metal and Multi-Process Compatible
- Used on steel, stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, and many other alloys.
Economical to Use
- Many users cite reduced consumption and disposal.
- Low odor with excellent resistance to bacteria and fungi.
Light Residual Film
- Protects parts and machine from rust and corrosion.
Superior Lubrication and Cooling
- Extends tool life and improves surface finish.
Model SF160 SURECLEAN Mobile Coolant Purification System
SF160 Reclamation System
High Speed Filtration and Skimming Unit
- Quickly removes suspended solids and tramp oils from water-based coolants and cleaners.
Applications Include CNC Machining, Roll Forming, and other Recirculating Systems
- One unit can service multiple machines.
Clean Parts and Clean Machine
- Offers a better work environment.
Removes Suspended Solids
- Results in less wear and tear on moving components.
Reduces Rust and Corrosion
- On parts and the machine.
Mobile System, Fits in Tight Spaces
- Ideal for individual sumps that are hard to access and require constant cleaning.
Model 600B Precision Lubrication for Band Saws
A Standard System Specifically for Band Saws
- Spray is directed at the sides of the blade.
Spray Manifold Over Blade
- Eases blade changing and is protected from breakage.
90 Degree Spray Tip
- Ensures proper coating of the blade.
Eliminate Rust and Corrosion
- CANMIST is compatible with most metals.
The Lubricant is Consumed with the Cut
- The result is dry parts, dry chips, and a dry machine.
Model 6000B Precision Lubrication for Circular Saws
A Standard System Specifically for Circular Saws
- Use with CANMIST fluids to replace flood coolants.
Ideal for Sawing Aluminum, Copper, Brass and Steel
- Applications include billet, ingot, plate, extrusions, and welded tubes.
- Ensure the ideal spray angle.
- Designed to break the air current and coat the blade.
- Allows for ultimate control as you change alloys and severity of the cut.
Blades Up to 24" Serviced with Two Spray Points
- For larger saw blades or in high-precision cutting, three injectors service three spray points.
Complex Systems for Multi-headed Saws and Dedicated Fabrication Cells
- With a variety of systems designed to match your specific requirements.
Corrosion Inhibitors & Coating Systems
Model 3200 In-Line Coating System for Tubes and Profiles
3200 Spray System
Used to Apply Rust Preventatives Onto Continuous Profiles
- Applies interim storage coatings to the outside diameter of steel tubes and exposed surfaces of simple roll formed profiles.
Works Best with the 921 DS CANT RUST Series of Rust Preventatives
- Converts spray promotes consistent and predictable coating of profiles.
Collects Overspray for Potential Reuse or Segregation and Disposal
- Minimizes cross contamination of mill coolants and rust preventatives.
Spray Nozzles Surround the Profile on All Sides
- An air blow-off removes residual mill coolant.
Converts Easily from One Size to Another
- Standard in 4, 6, or 8 points of spray, injectors can be turned on/off in groups.
Integrates and Easily Installed Between the Mill and Cut-off
- Systems include a spray box, system controls, a liquid reservoir, and related mounting.
Water Displacing Corrosion Preventatives
921 DS CANT RUST
Corrosion Preventative Used to Coat and Protect All Types of Rolled Steel
- Inhibits rust, stainless, and corrosion during indoor warehouse storage and interim transit.
Is Best Applied using the 3200 In-line Spray Applicator
- One gallon of CANT RUST typically covers up to 10,000 sq. ft. with a light coating.
Wets Out to a Light Film
- Is easily removed for painting or plating.
Residual Film Stays Soft and Oily
- Easily removed using acid or alkaline detergent cleaners, or mineral spirits.
No Solvent Carriers
- Often less per gallon than other products. Many users also cite reduced consumption.
Three Different Versions are Available
- Short and medium-term coating along with maximum rust protection in high humidity.